名人演讲
当前位置:首页 > 演讲致辞 > 名人演讲 > 列表页

名人演讲比尔盖茨

小草范文网  发布于:2017-03-15  分类: 名人演讲 手机版

篇一:比尔盖茨的精彩演讲(中英对照)

Bill Gates' Keynote Speech

Good morning. It’s a great pleasure to be here. Today is a major milestone for Microsoft as our first Developers Conference here in China. The key partnerships we build with software developers around the world are central not only to the success of Windows but also to realize the great possibilities that PC technology provides. It’s through applications of every variety that businesses will be using the personal computer as the tool of the Information Age.

Microsoft has a vision for where the PC is going. And that vision says that PCs will become a central element of how companies share information inside the company. The name of that vision is, the so called Digital Nervous System (DNS), allowing companies to reduce paper work and make better decisions. The Digital Nervous System means that not only do you have the PCs that are connected together, and not only do you have standard elements like electronic mail but also you’ve really thought carefully about what information is important, and so all of the processes-order taking, sales planning, personnel management, project management- all of those have been set up to take full advantage of the capabilities of the computer.

Now, another major vision that Microsoft has is that writing the programs, writing the applications for these machines needs to get very easy and we need to be able to do it, so we can write programs that run across the entire Internet which is millions of machines. So this is a new approach to programming that draws on what was done previously. DNS says that developers should be able to focus on their particular task and not have to learn a lot about management of the machine resources.

Great chips and systems developed by our partners who are here with us sponsoring this event, make this all possible. And there’s an incredible opportunity for developers. The applications that are written today will sell to an even larger base of machines out in the market. There is a lot that we’re doing to increase the work of developers-make sure they understand where the PC is going and how tools can help them and we’re even helping them now, with more and more marketing type of activities making sure they get out in with the customers.

And this is something that we are just going to increase year after year, after year. And so the overall DNS message is one about helping developers seize that opportunity by bringing together the different architectures, making things automatic and allowing this to be done in a great evolutionary fashion. And so I think it’s a fantastic time to be a developer and we appreciate your being here and look forward to the opportunity to work with you more.

Thank you.

比尔盖茨主题演讲

早上好。非常高兴与大家共聚一堂。今天,在这里举行微软中国第一届开发人员大会,是微软公司的一个重要里程碑。我们与全球软件开发人员建立的伙伴关系不仅是微软视窗取得成功的关键,而且使个人计算机技术提供的各种潜在价值成为现实。通过程序在各个领域的应用,个人计算机将成为企业在信息时代的一个工具。

微软对个人计算机的未来走向有一个设想。根据该设想,个人计算机将成为公司内部信息共享的核心。这一设想的名称就是数字神经系统(DNS),它能使公司减少书面文书工作,制定更好的决策。数字神经系统的作用不仅把个人计算机连接起来,也不仅是你将拥有类似电子邮件这样的标准配置,而且意味着你能够认真地考虑什么是重要的信息。这样的话,诸如订单处理、销售计划、人员管理以及项目管理等,所有这些过程都已经建立起来,可以全面利用计算机的功能。

微软的另一个主要设想是把编写应用程序这项工作变得很容易,这样程序就可以在连接数以百万计计算机的互联网上运行。和以前的编程不同,这是一个新的做法,有了DNS,开发人员可以集中精力从事其特定的任务,而且不需要学习很多机器资源管理的知识。

这一活动的主办者之一是我们的合作伙伴,他们开发的系统再加上优异的芯片将使所有这一切成为可能。这是开发人员一次的极好机会。今天编写的应用程序将卖给市场上更多的计算机使用者。我们正在做许多事情以增加开发人员的工作能力,确保他们理解个人计算机的走向,让他们知道目前的工具能为他们提供什么样的帮助,以及让他们参加越来越多的促销类型的活动,使他们与顾客保持良好的关系。

这就是我们年复一年所增加的东西。发展整个DNS的目的就是通过结合不同的体系结构、实现任务自动化以及允许以一种发展的方式完成这一工作,帮助开发人员抓住机会。因此我认为,这是一个开发人员可以大展才华的时代,感谢你们的光临并希望有机会与你们进行更多的合作。

谢谢!

篇二:比尔盖茨清华演讲稿

比尔盖茨清华演讲稿

获得清华大学这所世界一流大学的名誉博士学位,让我感到非常荣幸。清华是一所有着百年历史的名校,这里诞生了很多杰出的科学家、商业和政治领袖。

我上一次访问清华是在1997年。当时,中国学生的才华、热情和创造性给我留下了很深的印象。之后,我决定在中国设立微软亚洲研究院。在沈向洋博士的领导下, 在清华等大学优秀毕业生的协助下,微软亚洲研究院取得了成功,为微软公司作出了巨大贡献。在各种国际会议上都可以见到他们的身影。他们也为微软的新产品如 windows vista的诞生,付出了辛勤的努力。在计算机科学迅速发展的今天,身为清华的学生是件激动人心的事。

我们才刚刚开始接触到软件魔法带来的奇妙体验。全世界有十亿计算机用户,他们才刚刚开始分享信息。随着 半导体、光纤技术的发展,软件可以做更多的事情:

今天的电视还是被动的,在未来,你可以从因特网下载节目,电视将能和人交流、互动;昨天我参观了中国农科院稻米研究所,看到那里的技术人员开始用软件来区分不同的稻米,为其排序,以后还可以通过软件的分析计算,用较少的农药培育出高产量的优良品种;医学界已经开始用软件来管理数据库;

今天的手机已经成为我们的数字钱包,可以显示地图,上网查找信息,未来它还将可以和人交流;

平板电脑的出现,使得在教室可以无线上网,用电脑录音、识别手写的文字。这样,学生无需课本就能实现更有效的学习,老师也可以看到世界各地的优秀教案。

当然,软件的未来还面临很多挑战, 比如:如何使得用户更容易掌握?如何实现人工智能?但不管怎样,就计算机科学而言,我们所处的都是最激动人心的时代。

中国正在快速发展,对世界经济、科技创新正在做出越来越大的贡献。微软公司愿意帮助中国公司的成长,帮助所有的中国公民享受到计算机科学进步所带来的成果:

微软已经开展项目,帮助中国的进城务工人员、残疾人尤其是盲人享受科技成果;微软已经捐资设立了五所希望小学和五所网上希望小学;

微软也同中国政府及大学合作,设立了很多学术交流项目,鼓励优秀外国专家来华讲学;有来自39所亚太地区大学的超过xx名学生曾在微软亚洲研究院实习,并有120人获得了研究资助,其中清华所占学生人数最多;

本学年,微软亚洲研究院的研究人员将在清华开设一门课程:计算机研究的热门领域。我还想借此机会宣布,微软公司将在清华设立杰出访问学者项目。在该项目下,微软亚洲研究院每年将邀请一位世界知名的计算机专家到姚期智教授领导的理论计算机科学研究所讲学。第一位获邀来访的是美国麻省理工大学的弗朗斯·凯斯霍德教授。

总之,我今天非常高兴来到贵校,并在接受我的母校 哈佛大学颁给我名誉博士学位之前就成为清华的名誉博士。

刚才,我和大家分享了软件领域在未来可能出现的一些突破,以及它们会给企业带来的机会、为残疾人和学生提供的帮助。我希望大家都能像我一样乐观:只要可以上网,就能获得平等的受教育机会。

微软公司对于中国市场的专注是长期的。我们对于以学术严谨闻名的 清华大学有着很高的期望。让我们携手努力,共创信息技术未来的辉煌!

篇三:比尔盖茨夫妇斯坦福大学2014年毕业典礼演讲

Stanford

Stanford University 斯坦福大学 Bill and Melinda Gates 比尔盖茨夫妇

Bill:Congratulations, class of 2014! 祝贺2014届毕业生!

Melinda and I are excited to be here. 我和梅琳达很高兴能来到这里。

It would be a thrill for anyone to be invited to speak at a Stanford commencement, but it’s especially gratifying for us.

能受邀到斯坦福做毕业演讲对于任何人来说都是一件令人激动的事情, 我们尤是如此。

Stanford is rapidly becoming the favorite university for members of our family, and it’s long been a favorite university for Microsoft and our foundation.

斯坦福正迅速成为我们家人最喜欢的一所大学,它也一直是微软以及我们基金会最偏爱的一所大学。

Our formula has been to get the smartest, most creative people working on the most important problems.

我们喜欢招募最聪明最有创造性的人去解决最重要的问题。

It turns out that a disproportionate number of thost people are at Stanford.

事实证明,我们这里很大一部分人都来自于斯坦福。

Right now, we have more than 30 foundation research projects underway here.

现在这里有30多个基金会研究项目正在进行。

When we want to learn more about the immune system to help cure the worst diseases we work with Stanford.

当我们想更深入理解免疫系统帮助治疗最严重的疾病时,我们找到斯坦福一同合作。

When we want to understand the changing landscape of higher education in the United States, so that more low-income students get college degrees, we work with Stanford.

当我们想了解美国高等教育现状的改变趋势,帮助更多低收入家庭的学生获得大学学位时,我们找到斯坦福一同合作。

This is where genius lives.

斯坦福是一个盛产天才的地方。

There’s a flexibility of mind here, and openness to change, an eagerness for what’s new.

这里的思想充满了灵活性,开放性和创新性。

This is where people come to discover the future, and have fun doing it.

斯坦福是促进人类探索未来并乐在其中的地方。

Melinda: Now, some people call you all nerds and we hear that you claim that label with pride. 有些人把你们称作“书呆子”,听说你们很喜欢这个称谓。

Bill: Well, so do we.

我们也喜欢。

夫妇同时戴眼镜

My normal glasses really aren’t all that different. Laughing。台下大笑。

我平时用的眼睛其实也没有多大不同。

There are so many remarkable things going on here at this campus, but if Melinda and I had go put into one word what we love most about Stanford, it’s the optimism.

这所学校里发生了很多了不起的事情。如果要我和梅琳达用一个词来总结对斯坦福的热爱,

我们会说是“乐观”。

There’s an infectious feeling here that innovation can solve almost every problem.

这里有着浓郁的氛围,让人觉得创新能够解决所有问题。

That’s the belief that drove me in 1975 to leave a college in the suburbs of Boston and go on endless leave of absence.

也正是这种信念让我在1975年离开波士顿郊外的那所大学,从此一去不复返。

I believed that magic of computers and software would empower people everywhere and make the world much, much better.

我相信,神奇的计算机和软件能够让全世界所有人获得力量,让世界变得比现在好很多很多。 It’s been 40 years since then, and 20 years since Melinda and I were married.

从那时到现在已经过40年,我和梅琳达结婚也已经20年了。

We are both more optimistic now and ever.

我们仍然坚持着这份乐观,甚至更甚于当年。

But on our journey, our optimism evolved.

随着人生旅途的展开,这份乐观也随之深化。

We would like to tell you what we learned and talk to you today about how your optimism and ours can do more for more people..

今天,我们愿与大家分享自己的经历,告诉大家你们的乐观也可以和我们一样为更多的人做到更多。

When Paul Allen and I started Microsoft, we wanted to bring the power of the computers and software to the people, and that was the kind of rhetoric we used.

我和保罗`艾伦开创微软时,希望让计算机和软件的力量造福全人类,这也正是我们所想传达的理念。

One of the pioneering book in the field had raised fist on the cover, and it was called “Computer Lib.”

领域内的一本先驱性的书籍封面上举起拳头,将这称作是“计算机解放运动”。

At that time, only big businesses could buy computers.

当时,只有大公司才买得起计算机。

We wanted to offer the same power to regular people, and democratize computing.

我们希望让普通人也能使用这份力量,让计算机能够民众化 普及化。

By the 1990s, we saw how profoundly personal computers could empower people, but that success created a new dilemma.

到1990年代,我们都见证了个人计算机为人类做出的巨大贡献,但这份成功同时又引来了新的困境。

If rich kids got computers and poor kids didn’t, then technology would make inequality worse. 如果富有孩子有电脑用,而穷孩子没有,那么技术的天平将变得更加不平等。

That ran counter to our core belief.

这将同我们的核心新年背道而驰。

Technology should benefit everyone.

技术应当让每个人收益。

So we worked to close the digital divide.

于是我们开始行动,试图缩小这一数字鸿沟。

I made a priority at Microsoft, and Melinda and I made it an early priority at our Foundation. 我原来在微软以及我和梅琳达在盖茨基金会早期都确立了。

Donating personal computers to public libraries to make sure that everyone had access.

向公共图书馆捐赠个人计算机这一优先事务以帮助每个人获得计算机使用权。

The digital divide was a focus of mine in 1997, when I took my first trip to South Africa. 1997年这意数字鸿沟是我的主要关注焦点,当时我是第一次去南非。

I went there on business.

我是出公差。

So I spent most of my time in meetings in downtown Johannesburg.

大多数时间都在于汉内斯堡中心城区开会。

I stayed in the home of one of the richest families of South Africa.

住在南非国内非常有线的一位富豪家里。

It had only been three years since the election of Nelson Mandela marked the end of apartheid. 当时离纳尔逊·曼德拉当选只有三年时间,种族隔离刚刚终结。

When I sat down for dinner with my hosts, they used a bell to call the butler.

我同屋子的主任坐在一起用餐,主人眼红铃来呼唤仆人。

After dinner, the women and men separated and the men smoked cigars.

餐后女人们会和男人们分开,男人们会抽雪茄。

I thought, good thing I read Jane Austen, or I wouldn’t have known what was going on.

我心想,幸好我读过简·奥斯汀的作品,否则我估计根本无法理解这里发生了什么。

But the next day I went to Soweto, the poor town just southwest of Johannesburg, that had been the center of the antiapartheid movement.

第二天我去了索韦托,于汉内斯堡西南面一个很贫穷的城镇,曾经反种族运动的中心。 It was a short distance from the city into the township, but the entry was sudden, jarring and harsh. 这座城镇离约翰内斯堡主城区并不远,但进入索韦托后,我立刻感受到了强烈的视觉冲击。 I passed into a world completely unlike the one I came from.

它和我之前看到的完全是两个世界。

My visit to Soweto became an early lesson in how na?ve I was.

到索韦托后我才刚开始意识到原来自己有多么天真。

Microsoft was donating computers and software to a community center there.

微软当时将计算机和软件捐给当地的社区中心。

The kind of thing we did in the United States.

这同我们在美国所做的一样。

But it became clear to me, very quickly, that this was not the United States.

但我很快意识到南非并不是美国。

I had seen statistics on poverty, but I had never really seen poverty.

我之前看过关于贫困的统计数字,但却从来没真正看过什么叫贫穷。

The people there lived in corrugated tin shacks, with on electricity, no water, no toilets.

当地人住在简陋的金属棚里,没有电没有水 没有厕所。

Most people didn’t wear shoes.

大多数人连鞋都没有穿的。

They walked barefoot along the streets, except there were no streets, just ruts in the mud. 他们赤脚在街上走,其实那里根本就没有街,不过只有一些泥巴路。

The community center had no consistent source of power.

社区中心连持续的电力供应都没有。

So they rigged up an extension cord that ran 200 feet from the center to the diesel generator

outside.

人们只能临时拉了一根200英尺长的延长线,让社区中心能够街上外面的柴油机发电机。 Looking at this setup, I knew the minute the reporters left, the generator would get to a more urgent task.

看到这种情形,我知道一旦记者离开发电机就会被用到更紧急的任务。

And the people at the community center would go back to worry about challenges that couldn’t be solved by a personal computer.

而社区中心的人们也需要重新去面对那些不是个人计算机就能解决的问题。

When I gave my prepared remarks to the press, I said Soweto is a milestone.

我按照事先准备的讲稿,对媒体说索韦托是一个里程碑。

There’s major decisions ahead about whether technology will leave the developing world behind. 在未来,为了不让发展中国家在技术上落后显然还有很多重大决定要做。

This is to close the gap.

我们将像这样,努力缩小技术上的鸿沟。

But as I read those words, I knew they weren’t super relevant.

但在我阅读这份讲稿时,我深知情况远远没有这么简单。

What I didn’t say was, by the way, we’re not focused on the fact that half a million people on(本文来自:WWW.xiaocaoFanwEn.cOM 小草范文网:名人演讲比尔盖茨) this continent are dying every year from malaria.

讲稿上有一段我没有读,也就是我们还没开始关注这块大陆上,每年有大约五十万人死于疟疾这一事实。

But we are sure as hell going to bring you computers.

但我们至少能够给大家带来计算机。

Before I went to Soweto, I thought I understood the world’s problems but I was blind to many of the most important ones.

在我去索韦托之前,我以为我了解世界的问题,事实上我对很多问题都一无所知。

I was so taken aback by what I saw that I had to ask myself, did I still believe that innovation could solve the world’s toughest problems?

亲眼所见的情形让我非常惊讶,我不得不问自己我还相信创新能够解决世界上最困难的问题吗?

I promised myself that before I came back to Africa, I would find out more about what keeps people poor.

我许下承若要在下次回到非洲之前,更了解到底是什么导致了人们的持续贫穷。

Over the years, Melinda and I did learn more about the pressing needs of the poor.

这些年来,我和梅琳达确实更了解穷人的急切需求。

On a later trip to South Africa, I paid a visit to a hospital for patients with MDR-TB, multidrug resistant tuberculosis, a disease with a cure rate of under 59%.

在之后一次去南非的过程中,我造访了一家治疗MDR-TB病人的医院,MDR-TB也就是多耐药肺结核,这种疾病的治愈率低于50%。

I remember that hospital as a place of despair.

我还记得那所医院是一个充满绝望的地方。

It was a giant open ward, with a sea of patients shuffling around in pajamas, wearing masks. 一个开放式的巨大病房中,到处都是身着病服和口罩,驮着沉重步伐走动的病人。 There was one floor just for children, including some babies lying in bed.

有一层楼专门容纳儿童病人,包括刚出生不久的婴儿。

They had a little school for kids who were well enough to learn, but many of the children couldn’t make it, and the hospital didn’t seem to know whether it was worth it to keep the school open.

这里还有一所小型学校,为身体条件足够好的孩子们准备,但很多孩子都没好转到能够上学,医院不知道开这么一所学校是否值得。

I talked to a patient there in her early 30s.

我同以为三十岁出头的年轻女患者谈了谈。

She had been a worker at a TB hospital when she came down with a cough.

她之前在一家结合并医院当护工,结果自己也开始咳嗽。

She went to a doctor and said she had drug-resistant TB.

她去看医生,医生说她得了耐药性结核病。

She was later diagnosed with AIDS.

之后她又被确诊患有艾滋病。

She wasn’t going to live much longer. But there were plenty of MDR patients, waiting to take her bed when she vacated it.

她估计活不了多久,但还有很多肺结核患者等待这她死后腾出的病床。

This was hell with a waiting list.

这是一个排队等待死亡的地狱。

But seeing this hell didn’t reduce my optimism. It channeled it.

看到这个地狱并没有挫败我的乐观态度。而是为我指引了方向。

I got into the car as I left and I told the doctor we were working with, I know MDR-TB is hard to cure, but we must do something for these people.

离开的时候,我钻进车里告诉与我们共事的医生,我知道MDR-TB很难治愈,但我们必须为这些人们做点什么。

And, in fact, this year, we are entering phase three with the new TB drug regime for patients who respond, instead of a 50% cure rate after 18 months for $2000, we get an 80% cure rate after six months under $100.

实际上,就在今年,我们进入了一种新结核药的第三阶段,对于响应的患者,情况不再是2000美元价格,治疗18个月治愈率50%,而是不到100美元的价格,治疗6个月治愈率80%。

Optimism is often dismissed as false hope. But there is also false hopelessness.

乐观经常会由于错误的希望而消散。但错误的绝望同样存在。

That’s the attitude that says we can’t defeat poverty and disease. We absolutely can.

这种态度总在告诉我们,我们无法打败贫穷和疾病。实际上我们肯定能打败。

Melinda: Bill called me that day after he visited the TB hospital and normally if one of us is on an international trip, we will go through our agenda for the day and who we met and where we have been.

那天造访结合医院后,比尔打电话给我,如果我们俩有人要到国外出差,一般情况下,我们都会对去哪以及见谁有一个计划

But this call was different. Bill said to me, Melinda, I have been somewhere that I have never been before.

但这通电话很特别。比尔跟我说,梅琳达我去了一个从没去过的地方。

And then he coked up and he couldn’t go on.

然后他有些哽咽有些话说不出来。

And he finally just said, I will tell you more when I get home.

本文已影响